Saturn Inflatable Kayak & Boat Crossover - KaBoat™
This new and revolutionary product, is a crossover between an inflatable kayak and an inflatable boat – KaBoat! It can be used as a regular kayak, just paddling anywhere you want, ocean, bay, river or lake. If you get tired, use an electric or gas engine installed on marine grade plywood transom. See customer's video of 14' SK430 KaBoat with Torqeedo Travel electric motor.
Use it as an inflatable boat with an outboard engine. Takes up to a 10 HP gas engine! If the battery charge or gas is low, then use it as a kayak to paddle to your destination.
Extremely portable, will fit in a medium size bag. Now you can go on vacation and take this portable KaBoat with you along with an optional small electric or gas engine. The main benefit is that if you will get tired paddling, then you can use the engine to get back ashore.
The KaBoat's exceptionally stable design allows you to stand, fly fish or even get into those narrow spots where other boats can't go to get the best fishing. The KaBoat is excellent as a dinghy for a yacht or sailboat. It can also be used in light whitewater action. See KaBoat expedition in Swedish Lapland whitewater rivers.
It's aluminum seats provide excellent support and can be customized by installing folding fishing chairs with a swivel base or canoe seats to provide additional back support for long trips.
New KaBoat specifications:
- Transoms now have triangular splash guards to minimize back splash and protect the transom holders from heat and exposure to UV rays.
- Bulky plastic handles on end tubes were replaced with sun resistant and durable soft handles for longer life span.
- The valves were moved to the inside of the tubes and under the seat to protect them from sun and the elements, and to make inflation from inside the boat easier when on the water.
- New models have different bench attachments to make them shorter, lighter and move slightly lower for easier rowing.
- Grommet PVC splash guards with safety grab lines run all along the KaBoat's tubes from the front to the rear. Having grommets on PVC lines allows the attachment of additional accessories, kayak seats and custom made frames and arches for fishing rod holders, night lights, etc.
Benefits of KaBoat VS. conventional Kayak or Inflatable Boat:
- Conventional plastic or fiberglass kayaks require significant storage space due to their large dimensions. KaBoats can be deflated and folded for easy storage and transportation.
- Kayaks can be only paddled, but the KaBoat allows you to use a small gas or electric engine to cover larger distances. If you get tired of paddling, you can start using an optional outboard engine.
- KaBoats are much more stable than conventional kayaks, allowing for standing and walking inside the KaBoat. In fact, you can fish standing or even ride while standing.
- The KaBoat can be used for diving, snorkeling, and fishing, however not many conventional kayaks can offer similar functionality.
- Due to the high buoyancy of its inflatable tubes, the KaBoat can transport a much larger cargo than regular kayaks.
- KaBoat allows you to go to narrow or shallow places where regular inflatable boats will not fit. Just raise the engine and paddle anywhere that is at least 5" deep.
- Due to its smaller chambers, it is much easier and faster to inflate a KaBoat than a regular inflatable boat.
- Because of its narrow profile and a much lower drag than wide conventional inflatable boats, KaBoats can go faster with the same rated engine than comparable size inflatable boats.
- KaBoats can also be used as a dinghy to a yacht or sailboat, but take up much less space when deflated and folded. KaBoats also can be placed on a swimming platforms.
- KaBoats cost much less than any inflatable dinghies and most kayaks available today.
Saturn SK430 KaBoat Features:
- Same heavy-duty 1100 Denier PVC as in SATURN inflatable boats.
- Wide beam hull design for stability. You can stand in a KaBoat.
- Front Spray Skirt with water deflector guard and rope lacing.
- Marine grade plywood transom with a one way drain plug.
- High-pressure inflatable air deck floor.
- 4 (four!) fins for improved tracking.
- 1 set of rowing oars with oar locks.
- Set of rowing oars with oarlocks.
- 3 aluminum removable benches.
- Included: hand pump, repair kit, 2 oars and carry bag.